Many children from poor countries not only do not have toys or books, but they also have to drop out of school to work, be forced to get married, or even become slaves and be tortured. Their childhood was not happy.
During the Lunar New Year, you can take actions to bless the poor in need. CEDAR organises the “Red Packet Campaign” during the Lunar New Year every year to encourage children, young people and brothers and sisters to celebrate the New Year by sending blessings to impoverished families far away and supporting our poverty alleviation projects in Asia, the Middle East and Africa. Details:
- Donating Red Packets
- Invite everyone to donate one or more red packets you received and put a “good luck” sticker on it to send blessings to the poor
- Red Packet
- Invite everyone to fill out the response form in the “CEDAR Red Packet” to make one-off or regular donation; also consider giving the red packets to relatives and friends, not only to congratulate each other, but also turning the blessing into action together and support more poor families.
Welcome to contact us to ask for the “CEDAR Red Packets” and give them to relatives and friends to encourage them turning their blessings into actions, donate their red packets and support the poor families afar.
welcome to invite for talk
CEDAR can provide short lectures to participating schools and churches to introduce the poverty situation in the beneficiaries’ countries, at the same time let children and teenagers know more about CEDAR’s work on poverty alleviation
participate or enquire
In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’ ”
(Please specify: Red Packet Campaign)
After donation, please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque, bank-in slip or screenshot of successful payment along with your name, contact phone number and mailing address to us via mail, email or WhatsApp.
- CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
- Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
- Please DO NOT fax any donation information.