What is the heaviest burden on the poor? Not the inadequacy of materials, but the seizure of their basic human rights and dignity of being treated as humans.
Every poor person is beloved and cherished by God, possessing God-given value and dignity. Dignity is closely related to basic human rights, which are entitlements of God’s children. Restoring dignity for the poor is
- Giving them adequate clothing and food;
- Letting them to speak up and participate in development;
- Regarding them as humans (i.e. treating them as humans, but not objects or to sate someone’s lust).
beneficiaries' story (Chinese Only)
Please participate in “Restore Dignity for the Poor” Donation Campaign to transform poor people’s lives and their livelihood, and restore their values and dignity given by God.
Support one Zimbabwean girl to learn how to make eco-friendly sanitary napkins, provide materials needed for a year and follow-up.
Support livelihood of one poor Indian farmer, widow or person with disabilities through provision of farm tools and seeds.
Support quarterly expense of a children group that advocates for prohibiting child marriage, reducing child abuse and child labour.
Support our Thai partner to conduct investigations in red light districts every month, collaborate with police force to rescue victims of human trafficking and prosecute human traffickers.
I used to have very low self-esteem, thanks God’s love and everyone’s love for making me strong.
Please specify: Restore Dignity for the Poor
After donation, please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque, bank-in slip or screenshot of successful payment along with your name, contact phone number and mailing address to us via mail, email or WhatsApp.
- CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
- Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
- Please DO NOT fax any donation information.