On Oct 3rd, 2016, Matthew landed on regions of Haiti as a category-4 hurricane. Still recovering from a magnitude 7 earthquake back in 2010, Haiti is devastated by the strongest hurricane in the past 50 year. Up till 10 October, 2,1 million persons has been affected and 1,4 million persons are in need of urgent assistance in different departments of Haiti.
- Keep Haiti in Our Prayer | 2016/11/24
- Haiti Hurricane Matthew update | 2016/11/01
- Pray for and Support the Hurricane-affected Haitians | 2016/10/13
- Emergency Appeal: Haiti Hurricane Relief | 2016/10/06
Being a member of Integral Alliance (IA) ourselves, CEDAR supports other IA members to provide emergency relief to Haiti. We urge you to act now and support our work.
*Integral Alliance is a global alliance of 23 Christian relief and development agencies, working together to present a more effective response to poverty worldwide. CEDAR Fund is one of the member agencies.
(Please specify: Haiti hurricane relief)
After donation, please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque, bank-in slip or screenshot of successful payment along with your name, contact phone number and mailing address to us via mail, email or WhatsApp.
- CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
- Donations over $100 are tax deductible in Hong Kong with our receipts.
- Please DO NOT fax any donation information.
If the donation exceeds the above mentioned allocation of funds, the excess amount will be transferred to CEDAR’s ‘Emergency Relief and Disaster Preparedness Fund’. The fund will enable us to respond to immediate needs, and support disaster mitigation in poor nations always being hit by disasters to reduce the amount of devastation.