Training on Supporting Divorced Families in Hong Kong
Church and Community Mobilisation
- Increase the knowledge of local church pastoral staff and members and other individuals in the community regarding the needs of divorced families and children, and on related issues.
- Support churches and individuals with practical skills and strategies to respond to ongoing cases through professional consultation and experience sharing.
- Care for the mental wellbeing of participants through counselling support as they serve as frontline carers.
- Bring together small to medium sized local churches and other resource people in a designated local area and encourage these churches to share resources, network and learning in supporting separated families.
Local Hong Kong church pastors, leaders and members
No. of Beneficiaries
- Conduct basic training on fundamental knowledge for caring for divorcing/ divorced families, and topical training on relevant issues such as mental health, child abuse, domestic violence etc.
- Conduct case conferences where participants can share and learn mutually on real life cases with professional guidance.
- Provide individual church consultation on real life cases.
- Provide support groups to participants for emotional support.
- Provide individual counselling to participants as per need.
Apr 2023 to Nov 2023
Family Blessing Missionary Limited
Year of establishment
The Year Our Partnership Started
In line with the teachings of the Bible and the love of Jesus Christ, we carry out our mission: To walk alongside single-parent families, helping them overcome difficulties and minimising the impact of divorce on children. To safeguard marriages and prevent family breakdown. To collaborate with churches and organisations in nurturing divorced families.
(Please specify: ‘Development & Advocacy’)
After donation, please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque, bank-in slip or screenshot of successful payment along with your name, contact phone number and mailing address to us via mail, email or WhatsApp.
- CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
- CEDAR Fund will issue a receipt for a donation of HK$100 or above for tax deduction. For a donation of less than HK$100, please get in touch with us to issue a receipt.
- Please DO NOT fax any donation information.