Building Local Capacities for Peace in Manipur
Peace and Reconciliation
Establish community capital in Manipur to promote peaceful coexistence among different ethnic groups in the region and mitigate the impact of harmful conflicts.
Leaders from various sectors (including churches, civil society organisations, women’s and youth groups), and children.
No. of Beneficiaries
- Organise peace workshops for youth groups, women, church leaders, and leaders of civil society organisations in five regions, enabling them to learn how to heal historical wounds.
- Organise inter-ethnic football matches for youth groups, church leaders, and leaders of civil society organisations to learn cooperation with other ethnic groups through sports activities.
- Provide training for facilitators of peace workshops (to be conducted in the first year of the project).
- Organise educational activities for youth in the Baptist churches of Manipur, encouraging them to express messages of peace through creative ways such as drawing, poetry, songwriting, and dance (to be conducted in the project’s second year).
- Conduct trauma healing workshops for selected community or church leaders participating in the project (to be conducted in the third year of the project).
- Hold a peace conference in Manipur, inviting peacebuilding practitioners to share their experiences and ideas and engage interested individuals in discussing deeper peacebuilding initiatives in the region.
- Distribute piglets (one male and one female) to economically disadvantaged families, and once they give birth, the beneficiary families will gift piglets to other families.
- Support the formation of peace groups among community residents in the region.
Oct 2022 to Sept 2025
MBC (Manipur Baptist Convention)
Year of establishment
The Year Our Partnership Started
MBC brings together and unites various member churches. Its mission is to uphold the authority of the Bible and spread the gospel message of Jesus Christ. Additionally, the church engages in humanitarian and social services, caring for marginalised communities, promoting peace and coexistence among different ethnic groups, and advocating for protecting the environment and ecology.
(Please specify: ‘Development & Advocacy’)
After donation, please send a completed Donation Form, enclosing with cheque, bank-in slip or screenshot of successful payment along with your name, contact phone number and mailing address to us via mail, email or WhatsApp.
- CEDAR is an approved charitable institution and trust of a public character under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance. Please visit Inland Revenue Department website for details.
- CEDAR Fund will issue a receipt for a donation of HK$100 or above for tax deduction. For a donation of less than HK$100, please get in touch with us to issue a receipt.
- Please DO NOT fax any donation information.