Run For SEN, Run For Love!
CEDAR Fund has participated in the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2024 ‘Marathon Charity Programme’ and has obtained 50 quotas for the ‘10 km race (Non-Challenge Group)’. We invite everyone to sign up as runners or donate to support CEDAR in raising funds for local and Afghanistan children with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and their families.
Race Date: 21 January 2024 (Sunday)
Starting Point: Island Eastern Corridor, Hong Kong
Finishing Point: Victoria Park, Hong Kong
Run Category: 10 km Run 7
Starting Time: 8 am
Time Limit: 2 hours
Charity Race Quota for CEDAR: 50 (some quotas will be given to children with SEN, their family members and volunteers)
Ways to Show Support
- Register as a Charity Race Runner and make a donation/fundraising minimum of HK$1,560; and/or
- Donate to support children with SEN, their family members and the volunteers to join the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2024, giving them the opportunity to be part of this major sporting event in Hong Kong (donation amount is not restricted); and/or
- Donate to support your friends who are Charity Runners (donation amount is not restricted); and/or
- Help SEN children by donating to support CEDAR’s projects (donation amount is not restricted).
Donation Method (please specify to support ‘2024 Marathon Charity Programme’)
Please follow the above donation methods and submit a photo of the cheque, bank deposit slip, or screenshot of the successful transaction page. Include your name, contact telephone number, and mailing address, uploading the photo/screenshot through the CEDAR’s event online registration form. For cheque donations, please mail them to G.P.O. Box 3212, Hong Kong.
- Minimum fundraising amount for Charity Runners: HK$1,560 (when registering on CEDAR’s event online registration form, please upload proof of donation and fundraising form simultaneously).
- Age restriction: Participants must be 16 years old or above as of 31 December 2024.
- Registration deadline: 30 November 2023 (first-come, first-served basis, limited quotas available).
- Please write your name in block letters on the fundraising form for accurate receipt issuance.
- Please upload a crossed cheque/bank deposit slip (HSBC 004-600-385678-001 / BEA 015-185-68-00931-7SSA / BOC 012-581-2-020114-7 / DBS 016-478-001364162) or online banking payment proof along with the fundraising form through CEDAR’s event online registration form. Please indicate the Charity Runner’s name, contact telephone number, mailing address, and ‘2024 Marathon Charity Programme’ on the back of the cheque or payment proof.
- Donations of HK$100 or above are eligible for tax deduction with a receipt. CEDAR will send receipts to the Charity Runners, who will distribute them to the sponsors. For donations below HK$100, CEDAR will only issue a consolidated receipt to the Charity Runners.
- Please keep a copy of the fundraising form for future follow-up and verification of donation receipt information.
- If, unfortunately, the Charity Runners are unable to participate in the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2024 for any reasons, it is important to note that the donations received will not be refunded.
Charity Runner Registration Process
2. After CEDAR confirms receipt of the donation, we will submit the Charity Runner’s information to the ‘Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon’ organiser. The organiser will email the Charity Runners the link and password to the event’s official online registration platform.
To help more people in need, we encourage Charity Runners to continue fundraising after submitting the registration application to CEDAR. Please submit the fundraising form and donations to us no later than 22 February 2024 to facilitate the issuance of donation receipts.
3. Charity Runners must use the registration link and password to register on the event organiser’s official online registration platform. The registration platform will be open until 11:59 PM on 29 December 2023 (Friday). Registration will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis, and quotas are limited.
4. After successful registration, the event organiser will send a system-generated ‘application acknowledgement email’ to the email address provided by the Charity Runners.
5. Once the event organiser verifies all registration details, they will send a confirmation email to the registered email addresses of the Charity Runners in early January 2024. This email will include the information on the race category and start time.
CEDAR supports SEN (Special Educational Needs) Projects
- Locally, CEDAR provides churches funding, training, and project guidance, enabling them to offer relevant support to SEN children and their families. Additionally, CEDAR encourages churches to practice inclusive communities by visiting and caring for SEN children and their families.
- In Afghanistan, CEDAR focuses on providing life skills and self-care training to visually and hearing-impaired children, assisting them in learning Braille or sign language and integrating into mainstream public schools. We also offer preschool education in the mother tongue and official languages to children from ethnic minorities, helping them adapt to the language used in public schools and providing tutorial assistance to reduce learning disparities and prevent dropout rates caused by language barriers.
About Marathon Charity Programme
Marathon Charity Programme of the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon is to provide local charitable organisations the opportunity to raise funds for their services and programmes.
Under the Programme, the public can register as Charity Runners of the Standard Chartered Hong Kong Marathon 2024 through the selected charitable organisations.